Well, at long last, here we are. It’s January 1, 2012 and Dwell by Cheryl Interiors is officially in business!
Trying to determine what to blog about on this, my first official post, was no easy feat. Ultimately, I decided since were just getting acquainted with one another I’d show you some of the things I’ve done in my own home in a brief segment I like to call:
Dwell by Cheryl’s
Tips for Creating a Fresh Home for the New Year
1. Do something! I’m amazed at how many people live in their homes for years on end without so much as painting a wall. Just about anything is better than builder basic.
2. Buy what you love! I think many of us get caught up in trying to decipher, “What will I do with it?”, “Where will it go?”, etc. If you love it, buy it! Work out the details later.
3. Resist the temptation to buy the entire set. There’s no need for all of your furniture to “match”. Quite frankly, I prefer for my home to not look like I bought a room to go.
I found my coffee table at the neighborhood
dumpster at my previous home
4. Wallpaper ain’t what it used to be. In my humble opinion this is one of the easiest ways to add impact to a room.
One of my favorite prints used here in my guest room and in a friend’s nursery
5. Fear not, there’s not much you can do that can’t be undone. Never let fear paralyze you when it comes to design (or anything else for that matter). What’s the worst that could happen? You have to do it again?
My fresh front door color
I hope these simple tips provided a little inspiration to get going on all of those decorating projects you’ve been putting off. After all, it’s 2012 people, let’s Dwell.
Happy New Year!
Special Thanks to:
Elegant Custom Blogs
Rev. Barbara Peacock
Charles and Dondra Page